What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished wiring my Ron Francis Electric fan controller and took my gauge cluster out of the dash to get ready to start the Dakota digital install.

That is the same controller I have. It has a better adjustable feature than others I've seen.

Installed a Hellwig 5800 Rear Anti-sway bar on my 4-speed today. It was a simple bolt-on as I had already replaced the stock lower control arms with a nice pair of boxed arms I picked up from Terry Reynolds (70 Iron) last year.

photo1_zps747fb674.jpg

photo2_zpsd3bbf7b1.jpg

It's a bit heftier than the stock F41 bar, is powder-coated in a hammered silver finish and hugs the profile of the rear end better than the stock bar, as well. These Hellwig 5800 bars are on clearance on eBay right now - seems everyone (except me) is moving to the frame mounted bars.

Originally Posted By: NewTimer
Finished wiring my Ron Francis Electric fan controller and took my gauge cluster out of the dash to get ready to start the Dakota digital install.

That is the same controller I have. It has a better adjustable feature than others I've seen.

I agree, what makes it even better it has a test button! Makes it so much easier then turning car on to temp to see if it will come on or not. Love the LED to show you it's still alive and working

A few pumps of the gas peddle and a few cranks the old Monte came to life and sit outside for a few minutes, then it was back into the garage. The rear end for the other Monte got painted and so trim work was done to the name plate on it. Got a set of driving lights wired up on the trailer for back-up lights at night.

Took mine out for a ride but it was a quick one I knew I needed to change the plugs but I forgot how bad they were. and it seems like power steering fluid leaked out over the winter, hopefully nothing serious. But it felt good to take it out.

Put the engine in.

DSC01459.JPG

Link to pictures in the modifiers section

Mike, that is AWSOME.

Rob

Started after 2 cranks. I wish it didn't. It still has the battery my Uncle's family put in it back in 2006 before I got it. It's an "Energizer" (yeah, the Bunny brand for flashlights!) and I want to replace it but it won't quit! Didn't even have a trickle on it over this past brutally cold winter. Guess I'll replace it anyway.

Fuel line to the Holley Street Avenger secondaries was leaking. Backed it out and tightened it 3 times and got it reseated. Power steering has a leak so that's on the list.

Other than the leak, it ran great.

Mike

Drove it in to work and back, aired up, rotated and balanced the tires, and finally figured out why the fuel guage wasn't working.

Bought Performer RPM intake, new Holley Carb, New air filter. Next month, aluminium heads, camshaft and headers... Oh yeah !

Finally finished the heater core replacement.

What a fun job!!!!!!!

I tried for days to get the replacement aluminum core in but it never lined up. Finally bought the exact bronze core and went in nicely. lesson learned...........buy the right stuff.

Installed new temp, oil pressure, and speedo sensor for my dakota digital dash. Will route wires tomorrow; kind of killing time until my new dash carrier gets here. Also received my Aeroequip AC hoses and EZ-Clip fittings. They even came with candy lol odd but different