What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

FINALY 🤣 Maiden post hibernation cruise today, beautiful day low 70's. I was pulling back into the garage when I remember "someone" said I only post left side photos of the "imaginary" Monte so I backed up and took a right  side photo 🤣

LEFT.jpeg

RIGHT.jpeg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

FINALY 🤣 Maiden post hibernation cruise today, beautiful day low 70's. I was pulling back into the garage when I remember "someone" said I only post left side photos of the "imaginary" Monte so I backed up and took a right  side photo 🤣

LEFT.jpeg

RIGHT.jpeg

Sure is a pretty car. To bad I’ll never see it in person. 😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

FINALY 🤣 Maiden post hibernation cruise today, beautiful day low 70's. I was pulling back into the garage when I remember "someone" said I only post left side photos of the "imaginary" Monte so I backed up and took a right  side photo 🤣LEFT.jpeg

RIGHT.jpeg

But whose car is it really

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

He is. Allegedly. 

16 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

But whose car is it really

I wonder if we can find the real owner of that internet pictured car, and maybe get him to be a club member...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

He is. Allegedly. 

I am betting when he does bring her we will ck the insurance card, should have his name and the correct vin on it!  Right Mark?????    lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, willie said:

I am betting when he does bring her we will ck the insurance card, should have his name and the correct vin on it!  Right Mark?????    lol

I'm surprised you didn't ask for a title, official, not a copy 🤣 If it weren't for Glen I'd probably be called the photoshop king 🤣 Not a dis Glen, you do some great work 🤘

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

34 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I'm surprised you didn't ask for a title, official, not a copy 🤣 If it weren't for Glen I'd probably be called the photoshop king 🤣 Not a dis Glen, you do some great work 🤘

I asked for a legitimate title months ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, DragCat said:

But, did Glen provide you with a photo shopped photo?

rob

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

But, did Glen provide you with a photo shopped photo?

rob

Nope, all my Monte pic's are mine . Its easier to keep the story straight if your the only one telling it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I asked for a legitimate title months ago. 

Its in the safe 🤣 Registration and Ins will have to do I'll pull the plates of just so there will always be some questions 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 6:16 PM, DragCat said:

LEFT.jpeg

RIGHT.jpeg

436FBB4D-8A9C-4D4B-9AF3-66E490A2DAE4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Kook 1

7 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Finally waking the beast,  went for an hours drive, all is well,!

20240428_135141.jpg

20240428_135234.jpg

20240428_135847.jpg

20240428_135919.jpg

20240428_140720.jpg

20240428_140751.jpg

20240428_140806.jpg

LOOKING GOOD!!!

• Like 1

Had mine out today to do some running around since my truck is in the shop again.  $1100.00 last week another $500.00 this week hopefully that's it for a while. I do have to give a big shout out to Michael Boyte while I was in Myrtle Beach my truck was in the shop and he offered me use of his other truck while mine was down. Thank you so much Mike wish we could have got together also to Bob Bardeau for getting my truck in so quick and getting it fixed and I think a great deal too. Thanks to you guys.

• Like 7
  • Thank You! 1

A couple weeks ago I replaced the spark plugs in preparation fir the Eastern Meet but didn't gave time to do the points and Condensor.  Yesterday took it out to a friend's house and we installed the points and set the points, tach, dwell and timing.

Now, other than the main cleaning, all I need to do before leaving is to change the oil and the oil filter and air filter.

I'm not going to clean her until I arrive due to the crud we will pickup on the drive over.

rob

• Like 6

i took her out  "bloo 402"  and had a fantastic florida drive.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott S. said:

Could always wash it and saran wrap it for the drive....... Just sayin' ;)

Or I could put my grandkids to work cleaning it in the hotel parking lot after the trip over there.

rib

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today, i changed the Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Heat Riser gasket and passenger side Exhaust Donut.  I have to change the passenger side donut ever couple years on this car.  For some reason it likes donuts. 

This time I installed a Banana  🍌 Flavored Donut.  Maybe it will hold up better....  :yay::yay::yay:

Awhile back the gas gauge started reading a higher amount than is really in the tank.  Today I found the ground wire, with Joe's help, where the wire gets grounded to the body on the drivers side about 5-6 inches above where the front gas tank strap attaches.  I had been told my gas gauge reading issue may be a bad ground at that grounding point.  The screw was not at all rusty and came out with ease.  I told myself, be careful and don't lose this screw as you clean everything up.  I had the screw in my hot little hand carried it into the garage to get a wire brush, steel wool and sand paper so I could bet everything good and clean.  Somewhere along the line, while carrying all of these things back out to the car the little screw vanished into thin air.... or at least into the black hole of my garage.... Not to worry, I have enough drawers of screw hardware and I was back in business.    BUT, that was not the problem with my gas gauge so the search will continue, short of dropping the tank, I don't need that snowball effect with a little more than 6 weeks before Carlisle.

rob

• Like 2