Newbie member - Monte Carlo Man 72

Monte Carlo Man 72

Greetings! I'm a new member to the club. I've been a first generation Monte Carlo fan since I was 18 years old. I've had a few of these beautiful cars in my life and as the saying goes, " hind sight is 20/20".

Many years I wanted another one, they were always out of my price range.  3 years ago I finally saved up enough to buy a 72 402 big block, bucket console, triple black car which needed a lot of work. Finally finished restoring her this year. Looking forward to meeting and talking with other members with their beautiful "girls".  More pics coming soon, finally got on the website, had some difficulties logging in. 

IMG_3640.JPG

• Like 11

Welcome aboard! Great to see another Floridian join up. If you have been a fan on these cars since 18 then you have definitely found the right place for advice, tech data, how-to knowledge, vehicle history and others with the same passion as you for the Monte Carlo. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the club, beautiful Monte , we kinda like Monte Carlos too, and Youl find a lot of great info on this club site. Just keep practicing on going to different areas of the site and Youl catch on in no time .. 

• Like 2

Welcome Mark!!!!    Great club here as others already said, best place for info, friends, and fun!!!!

Your car is beautifu!!!!!        As you already know we Love pics!!!!   Is your car a factory triple black???

Welcome, beautiful car. Great to hear from a new member. Becoming a member is a wise choice. This is THE place to be for help and info on these cars. I’m sure that your restoration has left you with plenty of knowledge to share also. More pics please. 

3 hours ago, Searsman said:

Welcome to the club, beautiful Monte , we kinda like Monte Carlos too, and Youl find a lot of great info on this club site. Just keep practicing on going to different areas of the site and Youl catch on in no time .. 

Kinda, YES

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Monte Carlo Man 72 said:

Greetings! I'm a new member to the club. I've been a first generation Monte Carlo fan since I was 18 years old. I've had a few of these beautiful cars in my life and as the saying goes, " hind sight is 20/20".

Many years I wanted another one, they were always out of my price range.  3 years ago I finally saved up enough to buy a 72 402 big block, bucket console, triple black car which needed a lot of work. Finally finished restoring her this year. Looking forward to meeting and talking with other members with their beautiful "girls".  More pics coming soon, finally got on the website, had some difficulties logging in. 

IMG_3640.JPG

Welcome nice looking ride

Welcome Mark !!! Your in the right place for the First Generation Monte Carlo. Lots of good things going on here. We run multiple Meets yearly, Eastern, Western and Mini Meets. They may not be near you but if you make the effort and attend one of them, you’ll be back. A great way to meet other members, see lots of First Gen Monte’s all in one place and participate in various Club activities. Other members can tell you about about their experiences. Enjoy !!!

• Like 2

Welcome to the club and forums, Mark!  Your triple black '72 is definitely a looker - nice job on the restoration! 

I see you are in Ft Myers so I am just up I-75 (or US 41) from you in Punta Gorda. I just got back yesterday for the winter season so I'll be out and about with my '70 starting today.  Maybe we can hook up at one of the many car shows held in the area throughout the winter.  It would be great to meet you and see your beautiful '72 in person.  PM me if you are interested.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Club !! Nice Monte you got there .The Turkey Rod Run would be a good place to meet up. I have heard it is amazing show. Friend of mine goes every year, lots of cool cars. Dang it ! You stole my occupation for next June,( retired). I'll have to add to mine😆post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...