72 Monte Carlo in Southeast CT

B-Man

Hey everyone. I just picked up this 72. It will be delivered to my shop tomorrow. Very excited for a new project. LOTS of experience with various 60s and 70s cars along the way

00y0y_jV7Feq6bQcYz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  There is a ton of information here on the boards and a ton of people with a lot of valuable information to share.  

Thanks for the teaser photo but keep in mind we LOVE pictures here at the FGMCC so keep them coming.

See as you linve in CT it puts you within driving distance or trailering distance to this years Eastern Meet in Carlisle Pa.  As of right now we have 51 registrations for this year's Eastern Meet this coming June.

rob

Hi! Welcome! I have been watching that Monte on craigslist. The former owner didn't post any pics of the engine or interior. Definitely needs some attention to the sail panels and filler panels at least. Good luck with her! 

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Welcome aboard the boards.  We hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  There is a ton of information here on the boards and a ton of people with a lot of valuable information to share.  

Thanks for the teaser photo but keep in mind we LOVE pictures here at the FGMCC so keep them coming.

See as you linve in CT it puts you within driving distance or trailering distance to this years Eastern Meet in Carlisle Pa.  As of right now we have 51 registrations for this year's Eastern Meet this coming June.

rob

I've already got that Eastern Meet on my radar!!

• Like 1

You’ll want to get the membership part handled. That will make Rob happy. Then we will get Joe to take over on getting you to Carlisle. Lol. You can bring your car even if it’s not ready.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Rob, yes I will join as a full member. Just have to get a check out to you. Will do so in the next week or so

Eastern Meet is on the calendar, and sounds like a great reason for a long drive in a 72 Monte Carlo!

And the best update is the attached photo. My 72 is now in my man cave with my other toys. The left exhaust pipe got pulled apart, and header slightly bent, coming off the trailer. But easily fixable and one of many items on the list of things to do.

Ive never bought a classic car with this much of a head start before. It's really in amazing condition (except for the vinyl top and some associated rust) and I can't believe nobody snapped it up.  This is an EASY fixer upper to have something amazing. I feel very very fortunate.

More soon!!

IMG_20220209_075955594_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I see a big hanger with a glider,a junior  corvette (?) and  table and chairs but I don’t see the fridge. Lol. Nice and spacious. 

- Cozy MK IV currently with the engine off for an IRAN due to corrosion in the cylinders

- 1978 Triumph Spitfire

- table and chairs, correct. As well as a bench seat from a passenger van that someone was throwing out

- the fridge was under a work bench to the left (out of frame) until I was advised that a fridge full of adult beverages was I'll advised in an FAA inspected hangar

- yes, plenty of room. But I will be giving it up shortly in favor of a 24x50, 3-bay garage currently under construction in my back yard :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY getting some time to dig into my first Monte Carlo here. First things first - brake ... it had none. I've been replacing the braking system piece by piece and am now realizing everything except the lines needs to be replace.

While getting through the process I finally took a moment grab a shot of the trim tag. I haven't brushed on my decoding skills yet but plan to do so shortly.IMG_20220306_163709942_HDR.thumb.jpg.d815ff3512fe5219c997ca7929540193.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, B-Man said:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Rob, yes I will join as a full member. Just have to get a check out to you. Will do so in the next week or so

Eastern Meet is on the calendar, and sounds like a great reason for a long drive in a 72 Monte Carlo!

And the best update is the attached photo. My 72 is now in my man cave with my other toys. The left exhaust pipe got pulled apart, and header slightly bent, coming off the trailer. But easily fixable and one of many items on the list of things to do.

Ive never bought a classic car with this much of a head start before. It's really in amazing condition (except for the vinyl top and some associated rust) and I can't believe nobody snapped it up.  This is an EASY fixer upper to have something amazing. I feel very very fortunate.

More soon!!

IMG_20220209_075955594_HDR.jpg

My neighbor has a plane just like your's.

It is unbelievably fast !!

Welcome to the club! Groton CT home of General Dynamics Electric Boat submarine base! There are a few members that live in CT and one big CT car show on the east side would be the YYCC Brooklyn CT Car Show held in September. Montes always look great in Black!

• Like 1