Anniversary

Searsman

Today marks our 53 wedding anniversary. On a cold snowy Jan 16th day , I said yes after she asked me to marry her :). Just kidding…  we had 20$ between us but by the grace of God ,  clawed our way thru . She’s been a blessing to me all these years , almost as much as the 71 Monte :).. kidding again. But that is the reason I’m partial to the year 71 Monte. The year we were married.. IMG_6454.thumb.jpeg.4f2dfd4816a7699d8c2095605d5ecf52.jpegIMG_6049.thumb.jpeg.5fcd9976909b73b2bf9712160ab6b212.jpeg

• Like 17

Good for you both!

Happy Anniversary & hope for many, many more.

• Like 1

Ahh, Look at the 2 lovebirds, haven't changed a bit. I'm at 33 of wedding bliss this year and wouldn't change anything. Well, maybe how she doesn't like cars as much as I do, especially my Monte.She will come around once she drives it with EFI . Congrats !! Hope you have wonderful year!!

• Like 2

Congrats Ron … Looks like you've made some great choices in life. 

63 Years for us now. Dec 60

53 years with the Monte. May 70. 

Ron Happy Anniversary to you both!!!  Hope there is many more for you guys!!!  I am a little behind you as its only 45, but like you wouldn't trade her for the world!!

Congrats!!! and God Bless!! 🧡

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

Congratulations,  my wife Maxine and I also married in 71 and we had a full load 402 71. Looked for years for it ( sold in 81 ), finally gave up and found the 70SS we have today. Got a lot of tickets with that one, none with the 70 so far! We will be celebrating in June. Cars and first loves

• Like 3

Congratulations on your 53rd anniversary!

I love old and new pictures like that.

• Thank You! 1

Congratulations to you both!!!  53 years is quite the accomplishment.  You were (and are) a cute couple.  You look like you were like 16 in the first picture.  I do have a question, How come she aged much better than you.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 1/16/2024 at 10:56 AM, Searsman said:

Today marks our 53 wedding anniversary. On a cold snowy Jan 16th day , I said yes after she asked me to marry her :). Just kidding…  we had 20$ between us but by the grace of God ,  clawed our way thru . She’s been a blessing to me all these years , almost as much as the 71 Monte :).. kidding again. But that is the reason I’m partial to the year 71 Monte. The year we were married.. IMG_6454.thumb.jpeg.4f2dfd4816a7699d8c2095605d5ecf52.jpegIMG_6049.thumb.jpeg.5fcd9976909b73b2bf9712160ab6b212.jpeg

Happy anniversary. 

• Like 2

Happy 53rd Anniversary to both of you. A great ongoing accomplishment in today’s world. Wishing you much happiness and many more to come !!!

• Thank You! 1

21 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Congratulations to you both!!!  53 years is quite the accomplishment.  You were (and are) a cute couple.  You look like you were like 16 in the first picture.  I do have a question, How come she aged much better than you.

rob

She aged better because she was the 16 year old. Back in the day in the country they were considered an old maid if they didn’t marry before 18.. plus, one less mouth to feed for them , out of 8 kids.. I was around 19 in that picture and undernourished. Boy has that changed!!!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

You guys look great in both pictures. Don’t let anyone take that away from you. You mentioned age. Ironically in today’s world you would have gone to jail and had a criminal record for life. I miss a simpler more understanding time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leghome said:

Happy belated Anniversary. Glendia will celebrate 52 yrs in May.  Me I celebrate nothing

Come on Larry you have to celebrate !!!  Look at the bright side you guys got married when I was 3. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5